Newtox West Palm Beach FL
Get Newtox At Beverly Hills Wellness Center & Med Spa Today
-Treatment for wrinkles and fine lines
-Get those wrinkles that stem from muscle contractions and animations
-If there are deep wrinkles, Newtox will soften them and potentially reverse them over time
Get In Touch
What Is Dysport?
Dysport West Palm Beach Gardens Florida(which is abobotulinumtoxinA) is an injectable neuromodulator that smooths lines and wrinkles for 2 to 6 months. Dysport is FDA-approved to treat glabellar lines, commonly called frown lines or mad lines which are the “11s” between the eyebrows.
It’s also used off-label to correct other expression lines, like crow’s-feet and forehead creases. Other common treatment areas include:
- the armpits and palms, to reduce excessive sweating (hyperhidrosis)
- the platysmal bands, to smooth the neck
- the upper lip, to correct a gummy smile
Dysport West Palm Beach Gardens Florida is a form of botulinum toxin type A, so it’s similar to Botox, Xeomin, and Jeuveau. Like its competitors, Dysport works by temporarily blocking the communication between nerves and muscles, to stop injected muscles from contracting and wrinkling the overlying skin.
Beyond addressing existing wrinkles, Dysport can also be used preventively, to minimize muscle movement and stave off future wrinkles.
Some doctors feel that Dysport tends to spread out a bit more than other toxins, resulting in potentially a little more complication as dropped eyelid or eyebrow. Some patients also feel that it lasts shorter than other Neuromodulators. All these claims are subjective experiences and opinions and were never authenticated by any clinical studies
What are the pros and cons of Dysport West Palm Beach Gardens Florida?
- Like all Neuromodulators, injections are quick and have practically no downtime, so they’re easy to fit into your workday.
- For select people, Dysport may kick in faster than other injectable neurotoxins.
- Dysport may create a more natural look than other neuromodulators.
- Dysport is a temporary fix, so if you don’t like the results, you’re not stuck with them—they’ll gradually disappear within a few months.
- Results aren’t permanent. If you want to maintain the effects, you’ll need about three or four treatments a year.
- As with any injection, there are potential risks, such as pain, bleeding, bruising, redness, swelling, tenderness, and infection—but all of these side effects should be mild or rare.
- The so-called complexing proteins in Dysport (Botox and Jeuveau, too) are thought to contribute to possible drug resistance with continued use. It’s an exceedingly rare problem, but some injectors find that switching to Xeomin—the only “naked protein” on the market—solves it.
Is Dysport safe
As with any injections, bruising can occur. You can minimize your risk by avoiding blood thinners (that aren’t medically necessary) for a week before your procedure. This includes alcohol, fish oil and vitamin E supplements, and nonsteroidal anti-inflammatory drugs (NSAIDs), like aspirin and Advil. If you do develop a headache post-shot, ibuprofen or acetaminophen is generally safe to take.
What are the potential risks and side effects of Dysport?
According to the manufacturer, the most frequently reported side effects associated with injections include bruising, infections, headaches, injection-site pain. Less commonly seen are drooping of the brow or upper eyelid, which are temporary and resolve as the product dissipates. A droopy eyelid can be improved with over-the-counter Naphcon A eye drops, but they shouldn’t be used for more than 4-5 days.
Dysport may trigger an allergic reaction for some people since it contains a protein found in cow’s milk. (Botox and Xeomin don’t.)This is not the same as Lactose intolerance. If you have a cow’s milk allergy, talk to your doctor before considering Dysport.
It’s important to work with a board-certified physician, to help ensure you receive appropriately placed injections and natural-looking results.
What happens during a Dysport treatment?
Your doctor will cleanse the treatment area and offer to apply a numbing cream (though most people find they don’t need it).
Then your provider will use a tiny needle to inject small amounts of Dysport into the muscles just beneath your skin, to relax them.
You’ll probably feel pinching but no pain during the injections. Your doctor may ask you to smile, frown, raise your eyebrows, crinkle your nose, or make other expressions to help identify the exact spots that need addressing. The entire treatment should take 10 to 20 minutes, depending on how many areas you’re having injected.
What can you expect after a Dysport injection?
You’ll likely have some mild redness or swelling at the injection sites. Some people also have light bruising for up to a week. Otherwise, you’ll be able to get on with your day.
Headaches, which are more common for first-timers, should go away within a few days and can be treated with ibuprofen or acetaminophen.
Your doctor may recommend avoiding exercise and other strenuous activities, as well as lying flat for a few hours post-treatment, to limit the risk of the drug spreading and creating unwanted effects. For the same reason, don’t rub the injection sites.
When will you see results?
It can take 2 to 3 days for Dysport to take effect, depending on where you were injected and how many units you received.
Certain providers report anecdotal trends, as in Dysport and Jeuveau taking effect a little earlier or Xeomin allowing a bit more natural movement. But there’s not a statistically significant difference in onset between toxins.
How long does Dysport last?
“The effects of Dysport wear off gradually over about two to six months,” says Dr. Dahabra. To maintain results, “I usually tell people to come in three to four times a year,” says Dr. Dahabra, the medical director of Beverly Hills Wellness & Med Spa in West Palm Beach Gardens Florida area.
While all neuromodulators currently approved for cosmetic use in the U.S. are made from botulinum toxin type A, each brand behaves a little differently due to subtle variations in overall formulation.
If your injection wears off fast, consider asking your doctor for a larger dose.
How much does Dysport cost?
Dysport costs $4/Unit. While cheaper than Botox, it typically takes twice and a half as many units of Dysport to achieve the same result. So the final cost is very comparable.
Another key factor is the experience level of your provider, and whether they’re a doctor or not.
Why Beverly Hills Wellness Center & Med Spa?
- All our injections and Medical services are performed by a Board Certified Medical Doctor.
- Trust: 5-star Rating with hundreds of reviews on Google, Facebook, Yelp, and Realself thanks to our amazing customers.
- Honesty: we will never up sell you additional services or more expensive ones that you don’t need.
- Value: Rest assured that you’ll get the best value for your money as our prices are reasonable and fair.
- Authentic genuine products/ Unique products: we use only FDA approved medications from the USA purchased directly from the manufacturer. Also, for our signature facials, we use our products that are freshly made in house using organic ingredients!
- Experience: Our Doctor, Aestheticians, and staff have many years of experience.
- Safety: Dr. Dahabra and his staff are not only experienced on how to treat complications, they know to avoid them preemptively.
- Convenience: Our Spa is centrally located just a couple of minutes east of I-95 with ample private parking in the back.