What is Belotero?
Belotero West Palm Beach Gardens Florida is an injectable hyaluronic acid filler that’s FDA-approved to smooth moderate to severe facial wrinkles and folds. Belotero can be used in a variety of areas on the face and neck, including the nasolabial folds, which run from the lower corners of the nose to the corners of the mouth; marionette lines, which run from the corners of the mouth down to the chin; and fine lines around the lips. It’s best to use is to fill wrinkles and as an under-eye filler for tear troughs.
Belotero West Palm Beach Gardens Florida is similar to other popular hyaluronic acid fillers, like Juvéderm and Restylane, but it’s very lightweight and easy to layer, so it can be injected into very fine lines without creating lumps or bumps. “Belotero is perfect for thin areas, such as the under-eye tear troughs, superficial wrinkles, such as those around the mouth, and horizontal necklines. It even can be used in conjunction with Botox, to smooth deep glabellar [frown] lines,” says Dr. Dahabra, the medical director of Beverly Hills Wellness Center & Med Spa in West Palm Beach Gardens Florida area.
Is Belotero safe?
Belotero West Palm Beach Gardens Florida is FDA-approved and safe for use. However, it’s best to receive injections from a board-certified physician with an intimate knowledge of facial anatomy. An inexperienced injector could accidentally inject into a blood vessel, which carries a risk of tissue death if it’s not dissolved quickly with hyaluronidase.
What can you expect after Belotero treatment?
There’s little to no downtime associated with Belotero. “You may experience some bruising and swelling at the injection sites for a couple of days,” says Dr. Dahabra, but most people can go right back to work and resume their daily activities immediately after the procedure.
After your appointment, it’s important to avoid intense exercise, heat and sun exposure, alcohol, excess salt, and nonsteroidal anti-inflammatory drugs (NSAIDs)/aspirin to prevent swelling or bruising.
You can take an antihistamine (like Claritin) to combat swelling. You can also apply ice packs gently throughout the day. If any symptoms persist after a few days, call us.
What are the pros and cons of Belotero West Palm Beach Gardens Florida?
- Results can last up to a year—longer than those of many hyaluronic acid-based injectable fillers.
- When it’s injected by an experienced provider, Belotero can look very natural.
- There’s little to no recovery time, and side effects include only some bruising and swelling of the treated area.
- It can fill thin-skinned areas that are difficult for thicker fillers, and it isn’t associated with the Tyndall effect (a bluish tint under the eyes caused by some other types of fillers).
- Aside from a little stinging, the procedure isn’t considered painful.
- If you aren’t satisfied with your results or have a complication, an enzyme called hyaluronidase can be injected into the area to dissolve the hyaluronic acid.
- As with all hyaluronic acid-based fillers, results are temporary.
- Rarely, people experience complications, including infection and skin necrosis (death of skin cells).
- Lumps or irregular texture can also sometimes occur, although these issues can usually be massaged away.
- Belotero isn’t the best option for areas that need a lot of filling and lifting, like the cheeks and temples.
When will you see Belotero West Palm Beach Gardens Florida results?
You’ll notice increased volume immediately, but you won’t see your final results for one to two weeks after any swelling has completely gone down. You can visit us anytime or after 2 weeks after the filler settles down in case you have any concerns.
Belotero is often paired with other skin rejuvenation treatments, for optimal results. “A combination approach will give the most improvement,” says Dr. Dahabra.
How long does Belotero last?
Belotero filler usually lasts up to a year, depending on the area injected. Like all fillers though, it tends not to last as long in areas that move a lot—and everyone metabolizes fillers differently.
How much does Belotero West Palm Beach Gardens Florida cost?
Belotero costs $450 at our Med Spa. This is a great deal as the value of Belotero is around $600 at legit Dr. offices.
How does the injection?
Dr. Dahabra is the medical director and injector at Beverly Hills Wellness Center & Med Spa in West Palm Beach Gardens Florida area. He’ll talk to you about your best options and answer all your questions before the procedure.