Thread Lift in West Palm Beach Fl
Beverly Hills Wellness Center & Med Spa is a thread lift West Palm Beach Gardens Florida center. There are two main types of threads.
The first type acts the same as fillers, inserted under the skin. They then stimulate the body to produce its own collagen and fibrin in that area filling it naturally.
The second type of threads are used to lift the tissue. If they are used in the face, they can give you a minimally invasive face lift.
Beverly Hills Wellness Center & Med Spa in West Palm Beach is a center of excellence for PDO thread face lift the best in West Palm Beach.
- Any place in your body where you would need to fill it with collagen as face or hands
- Eye brow shaping
- Lifting forehead
- Nasolabial fold softening
- Contouring of jaw
- Lifting the neck
With filling threads, you will start to see improvement in a month and maximum benefit in 2 months. This effect last around a year in most patients. With lifting threads you see the results immediately and it can last up to 2 years. It is optimal to combine this therapy with other treatments and topical skin care products as Hyaluronic acid and Vitamin C. If you are looking for PDO thread face lift in West Palm Beach Gardens Florida , Dr. Dahabra is a PDO face lift expert specialist in the West Palm Beach area.
What are the most frequent complications of thread lift?
The best treatment for any complication is to prevent them. An experienced provider will tremendously minimize the chances of any side effects.
Dr. Dahabra says,” experienced injectors know how to treat and deal with a complication, and more importantly, they know how to prevent or decrease the chance of it from the first place.”
The most encountered complications are :
– Skin dimpling: skin dimpling will resolve by itself in most cases. If it persists after two weeks, the provider can perform particular skin manipulation and massage to ease and treat this complication. It is essential not to try to massage the area yourself as you might loosen the threads and lose their efficacy.
– Contour irregularity happens at the beginning as the tissue adapts to the new lift.
– Visible threads: It happens either from the patient’s fragile k skin or if the threads are placed too superficial. The thread diameter concerning the placement site is also an essential factor here.
– Thread extrusion: This happens if the threads are not embedded correctly under the skin’s dermis.
– Infection: can be related to the patient’s immune status. Also, the threads used and the clinician’s sterile technique play a role here.
– Swelling: It is usually temporary due to the tissue’s reaction.
– Incomplete facial paralysis: this shouldn’t happen with experienced hands and proper knowledge of anatomy. Using only the FDA-cleared threads and cannula will prevent this complication.
– Hyperpigmentation: can result from traumatic insertion or the patient’s usual response to any procedure. A quick assessment, history, and physical, as well as a look at skin type, can give an idea about the potential of hyperpigmentation in the skin.
– Hematoma: should resolve by itself. Gentle insertion, arnica, and cold compressions prevent or heal hematoma quickly.
– Allergy: very rare with FDA-cleared PDO or Silhouette threads.
As you can see from the above, these complications are infrequent, and they resolve by themselves in most cases. They also can be prevented if experienced hands use only FDA-cleared products, and the last resort is to treat them properly if everything else fails.
What is the difference between PDO threads like Mint threads or PLLA threads like Instalift Silhouette threads?
Dissolvable sutures in the market are made of PDO, such as Mint threads, or PLLA, as Instalift Silhouette threads. At some point, you’ve probably wondered which one is “better”.
PDO and PLLA are biocompatible and biodegradable, but their tensile strength, durability, and flexibility vary:
- MINT™ PDO threads have USP sizes of 1-0 or 2-0, whereas a PLLA thread like Silhouette Soft has a USP size of 3-0. In simple terms, Instalift Silhouette threads are thinker than PDO threads.
- PDO takes 6-8 months to dissolve, whereas PLLA takes 12-18 months. PLLA may last longer but are less flexible than PDO threads.
- MINT™ has threads with molded barbs ranging from 20 to 82, whereas Silhouette threads have cones to catch tissues ranging from 8-12.
Not all patients need the longest-lasting thread or the most potent thread; they need a thread that is right for them. A patient assessment (medical history, degree of laxity, skin texture) should give better insight into these threads’ role in their treatment plan, be it repositioning, tightening, volumization, etc.
Providers should explore the different types of threads available in the market to provide the most optimal options for their patients.
Talk to Dr. Dahabra to see which threads are right for you.
Can I get a facelift after the PDO thread lift in West Palm Beach Gardens?
DScar tissue formation is a common concern patients have about PDO threads and how it would affect their eligibility for future facelift surgery.
While this depends on an individual’s unique traits, medical history, and aesthetic goals, there have been patients who received PDO threads before and after facelifts.
PDO threads, biostimulation, and energy-based devices can stimulate collagen in the form of scar tissue, and surgical facelifts are no exception. Some degree of scarring can be formed with minimally invasive treatments, but the same can be expected from facelifts.
Various factors aside from scar tissue formation come into play to determine your eligibility for a facelift. Initial, secondary, or revision facelifts with scar tissue formation can pose a challenge, but it’s not impossible. That’s why conducting a preoperative evaluation is crucial to getting optimal patient results.
What are the most frequent complications of thread lift?
There are two main types of PDO threads on the market: barb threads and smooth threads.
The purpose of barb threads in West Palm Beach Gardens is to reposition sagging tissue for a youthful and contoured look without surgery. The goal of smooth threads in West Palm Beach Gardens is to help volumize and tighten the skin by stimulating collagen production as the thread dissolves. Both barb and smooth threads come in various designs and sizes that allow providers to fine-tune the treatment plan for the individual.
Barb threads can help improve the appearance of nasolabial folds, jowls, sagging necks, hooded eyebrows, droopy cheeks, and more. Smooth threads can help improve the appearance of fine lines, crepey skin, acne scars, lip borders, and more. Barb and smooth threads can be used independently or combined for maximum repositioning with added structural support.