Juvéderm is a collection of five injectable fillers made with hyaluronic acid (HA). They are called the Juvederm family. Each Juvéderm filler has its properties, purpose, and longevity.
For cheeks and cheekbones
Juvéderm Voluma West Palm Beach Gardens Florida lifts and contours cheeks by adding definition, volume, and lifting that lasts up to two years.
Juvéderm Ultra XC West Palm Beach Gardens Florida plumps lips for up to a year.
Juvéderm Volbella West Palm Beach Gardens Florida XC more subtly adds volume and smooths vertical lip lines, with results that last up to a year.
For lines, wrinkles, and folds
Juvéderm XC West Palm Beach Gardens Florida smoothens out the accordion lines, smile lines, and marionette lines, lasting up to a year.
Juvéderm Vollure West Palm Beach Gardens Florida XC soften smile lines and marionette lines, lasting up to 18 months.
An experienced injector will choose the best filler for each area according to your condition so you attain the most natural results.
What are the pros and cons of Juvéderm West Palm Beach Gardens Florida?
- Results are instantaneous, though it can take one to two weeks till the filler settles and to see the final effect.
- The synthetic hyaluronic acid in these fillers is nearly identical to what’s produced by our bodies, and it naturally dissolves over time.
- Some Juvéderm fillers West Palm Beach Gardens Florida are formulated with the anesthetic lidocaine, to minimize pain during and after treatment.
- Like other hyaluronic acids–based fillers, Juvéderm can be dissolved early with hyaluronidase if you don’t like your results.
- Because hyaluronic acid is found naturally in the body, there’s little chance of an allergic reaction.
- Most people like their natural-looking results with Juvederm.
- Results are temporary, so you’ll need touch-ups to maintain them.
- Fillers aren’t effective for treating sagging skin, and they’re not a substitute for a surgical facelift. They work best for people who’ve lost some facial volume but still have good elasticity.
- A poor Juvederm product selection or less than optimal injection technique might result in less than optimal results.
Best Juvederm West Palm Beach Gardens Florida
What is hyaluronic acid?
Hyaluronic acid is a substance found naturally in the skin. With aging, we continuously lose some of it. HA is frequently found in moisturizers because it has a unique capacity to retain water: it can attract and hold onto 1000x its weight in water, which helps skin look plump and supple. When injected beneath the skin, the gel-like substance instantly helps to smooth lines and wrinkles, soften creases, enhance facial contours, and restore volume that’s been lost over time.
“Since hyaluronic acid is found naturally in the skin, the body accepts it, and the filler persists until it’s slowly absorbed over time,” says Dr. Dahabra, the medical director of Beverly Hills Wellness Center & Med Spa in West Palm Beach Gardens Florida area.
What happens during a Juvéderm treatment West Palm Beach Gardens Florida?
Your appointment will start with you and your injector discussing your goals, your facial anatomy, and the best type of filler to safely get the look you’re after. They should also go over the potential risks.
Once you’re on the same page, your skin will be cleansed with alcohol or antiseptic. Your provider will then slowly inject the filler, gently massaging the area with their fingertips or cotton tips to distribute and smoothen it. You’ll likely get several injections in one area, for more even distribution. Most Juvéderm fillers contain lidocaine to instantly numb the area, but you might feel some mild discomfort. Ice and cold packs also help numb the area, and they’ll also constrict blood vessels to reduce the risk of bruising.
“Using cannulas in some areas can decrease the swelling and bruising.” A cannula is a flexible needle with a blunt tip, and because it doesn’t have a sharp tip, it may be less likely to puncture a blood vessel or a nerve when fillers are injected—possibly leading to less bruising and other complications.
Steps to take to minimize complications:
- Avoid blood thinners like aspirin, ibuprofen, naproxen, and other nonsteroidal anti-inflammatory drugs (NSAIDs); green tea; and herbal supplements—particularly the G’s (garlic, ginseng, and ginkgo Biloba)—for 7 to 14 days before injections.
- Abstain from alcohol, a vasodilator that increases blood flow, for a few days before and after treatment.
- Limit heavy exercise, which can bring blood to the skin and increase the risk of bruising, for 48 hours after injections. Avoiding vigorous activities will also minimize migration or displacement of the filling material.
- Consider taking arnica tablets for a few days before and after treatment, to reduce pain and swelling and to keep bruising at bay. Arnica gel or cream post-treatment may also be helpful.
RealSelf Tip: “One of the benefits of fillers is that you have the option of going as slowly as you’d like to achieve your treatment goals,” says Dr. Dahabra.“You’ll want to wait at least two weeks between filler treatments since it can take that long for bruising and swelling to resolve.”
What can you expect after a Juvéderm treatment?
You won’t need downtime, but you might have mild bruising, tenderness, and swelling for a week or two after your treatment. Applying ice or a cold compress intermittently after injections can help ease the swelling. The lips are most prone to swelling because they have such a good blood supply, but it can happen anywhere the filler is injected. The good thing is that the lips heal fast as well.
It’s normal for lumps and bumps to occur after filler, particularly when they’re placed in sensitive areas, like the lips. They can form while being injected (the doctor will smooth them out), but they often become more noticeable after some of the swellings goes down. They usually resolve on their own, but you can help the process along by applying ice to and massaging the area.
You might find that your side effects aren’t noticeable, especially with makeup. This is how one of the patients described her experience, “my lips looked so full and a bit swelled, but I took off and went to work about 1.5 hours away. When I got to work, no one noticed besides one coworker, who couldn’t put her finger in why I looked a bit different from the day before.”
Post Care: “You should wait at least several days after all filler injections before having any facial treatments that will put pressure on your skin because all fillers are somewhat malleable for several days,” says Dr. Dahabra.
How soon will you see Juvéderm results West Palm Beach Gardens Florida?
You’ll see more fullness or smoother skin right away. “With most injectables, what you see is what you get,” says Dr. Dahabra. “There’s some minor swelling and bruising, but for the most part, you should see the results the same day.” It might take up to two weeks for the swelling to go down, after which you’ll see your final results.
How long do Juvéderm results last?
Juvéderm fillers West Palm Beach Gardens Florida can last from six months to two years, depending on which type you get, how much your doctor uses, and how quickly your body metabolizes it. As a general rule, filler endures longest in areas with thinner skin and not much movement, such as under the eyes. Each one’s metabolism is different though. Also, there are some anecdotal reports of faster metabolism in athletic individuals.
Dermal Fillers West Palm Beach Gardens Florida will gradually and predictably resorb over time, allowing for a natural and symmetrical appearance in most cases. “If you have a fast metabolism, you may notice the filler go away sooner,” says Dr. Dahabra. “On the bright side, after two to three rounds of injections, you’ll notice it will last longer and longer as you already have built the foundation.”
In the unlikely scenario that you don’t like your results, Juvéderm can be dissolved with an injection of the “rescue medication” hyaluronidase. Your injector should be very careful and judicious on Hylaronidase use as it might dissolve natural tissue’s HA.
What are the potential risks and side effects of Juvéderm?
As with any injection, you can have some mild bruising and swelling. This shouldn’t be severe and in most cases, it can be covered easily with makeup if needed.
Unintentionally injecting filler into a blood vessel can lead to serious complications, including tissue death, blindness, or stroke depending on the injection site and its vicinity. It’s important to find an experienced Doctor injector who’s very knowledgeable about facial anatomies. This is what differentiates good Dr. from just any injector. A Dr. is more able to avoid complications to start with, and he/she is more qualified and ready to deal with the rare complications if they ever happen.
How much does Juvéderm cost?
Juvéderm fillers West Palm Beach Gardens Florida cost between $550 for Volbella and $650 for Voluma per syringe. Ultra XC, Ultra Plus, and Vollure are $600/Syringe. The price you pay will depend on the type of filler, how many syringes you get, the experience level of your injector, and their practice location.
How much a syringe covers is dependent on the depth of the area being treated, says Dr. Dahabra. “In some patients, one-quarter of a syringe will offer adequate treatment of a smile line, while in other patients, two full syringes may not be enough.” Smile lines often need the most correction.
A word to the wise:
Don’t let price be your main reason to go to a particular injector. “Cheap can become expensive fast,” says Dr. Dahabra. “To do injectables correctly, one needs a knowledge base of anatomy and proper training. Juvéderm is very safe, but it can cause trouble if injected in the wrong place and wrong hands.”Dr. Dahabra emphasizes.
Very frequently, in cosmetics, you get what you pay for.
“An experienced injector is paramount to the success of a patient’s outcome. Just as anyone health provider can use a needle, it’s quite different to use it on the face and create aesthetically pleasing outcomes. The filler is injected into the face alongside little blood vessels—and if injected poorly, it can lead to blindness, skin necrosis, and other serious adverse reactions. An experienced injector will know which type of filler to inject where and, hopefully, will have the vision to create a reasonable expectation and result,” says Dr. Dahabra.
Why Beverly Hills Wellness Center & Med Spa?
- All our injections and Medical services are performed by a Board Certified Medical Doctor.
- Trust: 5-star Rating with hundreds of reviews on Google, Facebook, Yelp, and Realself thanks to our amazing customers.
- Honesty: we will never up sell you additional services or more expensive ones that you don’t need.
- Value: Rest assured that you’ll get the best value for your money as our prices are reasonable and fair.
- Authentic genuine products/ Unique products: we use only FDA approved medications from the USA purchased directly from the manufacturer. Also, for our signature facials, we use our products that are freshly made in house using organic ingredients!
- Experience: Our Doctor, Aestheticians, and staff have many years of experience.
- Safety: Dr. Dahabra and his staff are not only experienced on how to treat complications, they know to avoid them preemptively.
- Convenience: Our Spa is centrally located just a couple of minutes east of I-95 with ample private parking in the back.