The vertical lines above the lips are called smokers lines. You don't need to be a smoker to develop these lines. These lines can form from repeated contraction of the orbicularis oris(mouth) muscle.
There are many different treatments for these lip lines. Some of these treatments give faster results than others. Also, some are more effective than others. There is no one single treatment that would erase these lines completely. We provide a comprehensive plan for smokers lines treatment at our Med Spa in West Palm Beach Gardens Florida. A combination of therapy will significantly make these lines appear better. These are the best non-surgical treatment for upper lip lines.
1) Avoid the sun and use sunblock: Sunblock is more effective and different than sunscreen. Sunblock contains a metal as Zinc or Titanium that physically and effectively blocks both UVA and UVB. These ingredients are more important than the SPF reading on the label. Also, apply the sunblock frequently every 3 to 4 hours especially if you are outdoors.
2) A consistent medical-grade skincare regiment: Make sure you consult with your beauty esthetician to analyze your skin and recommend the best treatment for your skin.
3) A regular facial that is both relaxing and healthy: The facial in West Palm Beach Gardens Florida should include microdermabrasion or derma planning if there is no contraindication. The purpose of these treatments is to remove the debris and dead cell layers from the upper part of your skin. This will allow the skincare products to be absorbed more efficiently deeper into your skin.
4) Botox for lip lines West Palm Beach Gardens Florida: A small quantity of Botox Units can be injected into these lines. Botox by itself won’t erase these lines but would make them a little softer. You can’t receive a lot of Botox here though. This area is very close to the mouth muscles. Injecting a large amount of Botox can affect your speech and the shape of your mouth. 4-6 U spread out is all you can receive in this area. The amount of Botox injected correlates with the duration of the block anywhere in the face. The duration of Botox to erase smokers lines will be short-lived because of this fact. You’ll need a repeat injection once a month to maintain the benefits.
5) Fillers for above lip wrinkles West Palm Beach Gardens Florida: Fillers are another option that can improve the look of these lines. I reserve the injection to the deep lines as injecting them into the superficial ones is of limited benefit. Belotero Palm Beach is one of the best fillers used for this purpose. Belotero has a high viscosity. This translates clinically to sticking to the place where it is injected. This is exactly what you want in case of lip lines.
6) Chemical peels West Palm Beach Gardens Florida: medical-grade chemical peel as VI peel West Palm Beach Gardens Florida is a good choice to help in this area as well. You’ll need a series of peels in succession then a maintenance peel from time to time. The benefit of the peel is that you apply to many areas of the face. So this way it helps with the smokers’ lines as well as other rhytids of the face. it also helps with collagen formation and improves the discoloration and imperfections that you might have on your skin.
7) Radiofrequency microneedling West Palm Beach Gardens Florida: There are many different machines out there in the market nowadays. Each company claims to have the best machine and use different statements and studies to justify their claims. In my opinion, they all achieve the same results. The two factors that affect the results are the practitioner’s experience and skills and how aggressive the treatment is. The more aggressive setting would result in a little more discomfort and potentially a little more downtime, but the results would be way better. The downtime from RF microneedling is short anyways. Expect less than 24 hours downtime in most cases. Very rarely you might need more than that if you have very sensitive skin. A series of 3 treatments spread one month apart would give amazing results in almost all patients.
8) Laser resurfacing Fraxel West Palm Beach Gardens Florida: the same as RF microneedling. There are many different machines on the market. An experienced provider will discuss the best option for you depending on your desires. Overall, the more aggressive the laser and the setting are, the more downtime, the more discomfort, the more chances of side effects, the more expensive is the treatment, but the better are the results. The less aggressive treatment will result in almost the same results but you’ll need more treatment sessions to achieve that over time. The resurfacing can be targeted towards the peri-oral area or you can resurface the whole face.
9) Fibroblast plasma pen West Palm Beach Gardens Florida: is one of the new treatments for wrinkles treatment in West Palm Beach. It can be used to treat wrinkles in different places of the face and body. It also helps with tightening the skin. The Plasma Pen works by converting electrical energy into electrostatic energy which is transmitted to the probe by impulse. At about 1mm from the skin, oxygen and nitrogen are mixed to produce an arc of plasma which discharges onto the epidermis. You can target only the smoker’s lines or you can add any other area at the same time. The downtime is around 3-5 days to allows the scabs to fall. It is important to avoid the sun during and after this period for around 2 weeks. Using Hyaluronic acid cream twice a day will improve the final result. You might achieve your goal in one treatment. However, Plasma pen can theoretically be repeated every 2-3 months to achieve the final results.
Why Beverly Hills Wellness Center & Med Spa?
- All our injections and Medical services are performed by a Board Certified Medical Doctor.
- Trust: 5-star Rating with hundreds of reviews on Google, Facebook, Yelp, and Realself thanks to our amazing customers.
- Honesty: we will never up sell you additional services or more expensive ones that you don’t need.
- Value: Rest assured that you’ll get the best value for your money as our prices are reasonable and fair.
- Authentic genuine products/ Unique products: we use only FDA approved medications from the USA purchased directly from the manufacturer. Also, for our signature facials, we use our products that are freshly made in house using organic ingredients!
- Experience: Our Doctor, Aestheticians, and staff have many years of experience.
- Safety: Dr. Dahabra and his staff are not only experienced on how to treat complications, they know to avoid them preemptively.
- Convenience: Our Spa is centrally located just a couple of minutes east of I-95 with ample private parking in the back.