What is Botox?
Botox West Palm Beach Gardens Florida inhibits the transmission of signals between nerves and muscles. This inhibition would prevent e muscles from contraction relaxing them and with that relaxing the lines and wrinkle on the intended places where they get injected. This inhibition is temporary and the transmission recovers over time. The dose of Botox in each area can be tailored as well to either have a complete block or minimal inhibition. It is important to note here as well that the dose of Botox correlates directly with time. The more injected, the longer the effect lasts.
Some of the other possible uses of Botox in Cosmetics and Medicine soon:
- Androgenic Alopecia(male pattern baldness)
- Enlarged pores
- Oily skin and acne treatment
- Scars especially prevention after surgery
What are the pros and cons of Botox in West Palm Beach Gardens Florida?Pros
- Botox is still considered the gold standard to erase fine lines and wrinkles on the face.
- The injection is quick and almost painless. There might be a minimal discomfort with the injection. The injection itself might take only 5 minutes. Agreeing on the plan with your provider usually takes longer than the injection itself.
- There is no Downtime.
- The dose and duration can be tailored. You can get a complete frozen look if you desire. Some people prefer a subtle minimal improvement to maintain natural facial expressions.
- Results are not permanent and you need a repeat injection every few months. You’ll need to visit your doctor 3 to 4 times a year. This can be an advantage as well as you don’t want to be stuck with a side effect for a prolonged time.
- Bruising is a possibility as it can’t be prevented all the time. If you tend to bruise easily this can be last up to a week sometimes.
- Droopy eyebrow, eyelid, or corner of the mouth is a rare side effect. Injection the right amount in the right places will decrease the chances of this side effect to almost null.
- If you’re pregnant, breastfeeding, or considering getting pregnant soon, Botox is not for you, since the drug hasn’t been tested in those cases.
Who makes a good candidate for Botox in West Palm Beach Gardens Florida?
Almost everybody is a good candidate. There are few contraindications to the rule :
- Allergy: It is very uncommon to have an allergy to Botox but if you are, then Botox is not for you. Sometimes, you are allergic to the Botox’s carrying proteins and not to the molecule itself. In this case, you might be able to get Xeomin which is another brand where the molecule is more naked and doesn’t have or need a carrying protein.
- Infection: If you have an active infection at the injection site then you won’t be able to get Botox there. Some people have dormant viruses as HSV that are activated by stress or injection especially around the mouth, If this is the case, then you might need an antiviral medication around the time of infection as prophylaxis.
- Neuromuscular disease. People with NM disease are extra sensitive to medications that act on the nerves and muscles It is prudent to avoid Botox and alike medications in this case and to resort to different treatment modalities.
- Antibiotics: are not an absolute contraindication. But some of them make the Botox injection with more or less efficient. It is always a good idea to let your provider know if you are on antibiotics.
- Pregnancy or breastfeeding: you will have to wait till after you are done with pregnancy or breastfeeding to continue with your injections. In reality, there is no proven side effect of getting Botox during pregnancy. the reason behind this recommendation is that Botox wasn’t studied under these conditions and we don’t know if there are any harmful effects.
What is mini or Baby Botox West Palm Beach Gardens Florida?
Baby Botox treatments use smaller doses that preserve your facial muscles’ natural expressive range. This kind of treatment is popular among younger individuals who are trying to prevent future wrinkles but don’t have deeply etched wrinkles yet.
Mini Botox can give you a well-rested, youthful appearance without looking frozen or overdone. The tradeoff is that the longevity of the injection is not long. It will fade faster than regular Botox doses. This is because as we mentioned earlier that the duration is correlated with dose. The more Botox you get, the longer the effects last. The opposite is true as well.
It is important to mention here as well that the dose needed by different individuals is different as well. The average dose is a good starting point but some individuals would eventually need more or less dose.
Is Botox safe in West Palm Beach Gardens Florida?
The fact the Botox is a neurotoxin makes some people worried. Some people also correlate it with Botulinum intoxication. it is important to mention here that clinical trials have proven that it’s considered very safe, with minimal risks and side effects.
The amount that is injected locally around muscles is very minuscule and poses no health risk whatsoever.
The side effects, contraindication and undesired effects from Botox are very rare. Also, they usually happen with inexperienced providers. You also need to trust your provider that he is using the real Botox from Allergan that is distributed legally.
Significant but rare risks include breathing, speaking, and swallowing problems if you visit an injector who is not properly trained and accredited. Allergic reactions are rare, but seek emergency help if you have: hives and itching, wheezing, feeling faint, swelling of your face or tongue and throat.
There is a risk that it could unintentionally spread into other areas, causing drooping eyelids, a lopsided smile, or crooked eyebrows.
Also, many side effects rarely happen with experienced injectors as well. The good thing is that most of these side effects are not permanent and most of them have a treatment that can reverse or fix them.
Some of the side effects that can be fixed for example are droopy eyelids or Spock’s eyebrow.
It could also leave you with a frozen look. That’s why it is better to try a small dose at the beginning and adjust from there. it is always easier to add more units than to take out. The good news is that results are never permanent and will gradually disappear over three to four months.
What happens during a Botox treatment West Palm Beach Gardens Florida?
The Dr. will take a brief medical history including allergies. A focus will be on any previous treatment and mentioning of any successes or drawbacks.
Photographs may also be taken so you’re able to see the changes from your treatment. The provider will then clean your face with an antiseptic. It is advisable to come to the office with a clean washed face and without makeup if possible.
At my office, I see a lot of patients that come during their lunchtime as it is a quick procedure. Usually, agreeing on a plan with your provider takes a longer time than the actual injection itself as it takes only around 5 minutes.
After the injection, you’ll see some redness and skin wheels at the injection site. This will resolve within 30 minutes unless you have extremely sensitive skin. Sometimes, there are some pinpoint bleeding at the injection points. I advise my patients to leave them alone for at least a couple of hours. These are skin bleeds that won’t leave any bruise. Early wiping of these pinpoints bleedings will result in bleeding again at these sites.
The Relaxation of the muscles will start in 2 to 4 days. The maximum relaxation and benefit from the injection happen at around 1 to 2 weeks. That’s why I don’t reinject my patients before 2 weeks. I have avoided over injecting a lot of my patients just by following this rule and by being patient.
What is a Botox lip flip?
The Botox lip flip West Palm Beach Gardens Florida gives the perception of lip augmentation or larger lips by everting the border of the lip. It is done usually on the upper lips border. A small dose of Botox is injected to relax the muscles in the upper lip, making it look larger. It gives the lip a fuller and more youthful look. Natural-looking results appear within five to ten days and last for up to three months.
It gives you a natural subtle appearance. If you still want your lip to be even fuller, then the next step would be lip filler.
Do Botox injections hurt?
Pain is a subjective experience. Botox injection is very quick and painless in most patients. Some people perceive and feel discomfort more than others too. In either case, the fact that the injection time is very short helps a lot. I always tell my patients a few minutes of the procedure will carry you for months.
The little skin bumps that look like mosquito bits would disappear within half-hour generally.
There is always a chance of bruising albeit it is minimal. There are different steps that an experienced injector takes to eliminate this risk and mitigate it if it happens.
You should stop any non-prescription unnecessary blood thinners and food that thins the blood as garlic and ginseng a few days before the injection. If you are known to be a bruiser, taking Arnica pills a few days before might help as well.
During the injection, the Dr. will do his/her best to avoid and stay away from blood vessels. In case bleeding happens, then a constant gentle pressure for 3 minutes will stop the bleeding. Placing Ice packs gently over the bruised site will enhance recovery as well. Finally, Arnica cream is of benefit as well.
In the extreme case of a significant bruise, a laser IPL treatment would help in breaking down the pigmentation under the skin and help fasten the resorption of these elements into the bloodstream.
What should you do after Botox injections in West Palm Beach Gardens Florida?
There are few simple guidelines to follow after injection. There is virtually no downtime.
- Don’t lie down for 3 hours
Although this is not scientifically proven, it is advisable not to lie down for a few hours after the procedure. the rational is to limit the spread of Botox after injection and give it some time to attach to its receptors on cells.
- Don’t exercise for the rest of the day post-injection
Exercise increases circulation in the body, including the face, which is why your face flushes and gets red when you work out. This increased circulation is great for your skin, but it does increase the risk that the Botox will be taken away from the injection zone before it gets fully absorbed into the neuromuscular junction. This is the same reason that it is advised to stay away from a hot bath, tubs, showers, and sauna after the injection. All these activities would have the same result on the face’s circulation.
- Don’t rub the treated areas for a couple of days
“I also recommend that patients do not rub their face, especially over the injection sites for a few days after. This includes no facial and facial massages for this period. This also includes wearing tight hats. If you are going to apply ice packs, then the pressure should be very gentle. I tell my patients to put the ice pack just in touch with the skin to make it cold without applying any pressure.. When we do this, we risk the medication moving or dispersing and resulting in paralysis of a nearby muscle. Patients can wash their faces gently that night, however, I recommend they hold off on using any scrub brushes until the next day.
When will you see Botox results and how long will Botox results last West Palm Beach Gardens Florida?
Because it has to bind to receptors on nerve cells to relax muscles, the effects of Botox aren’t immediate.
The results start kicking in as early as day two or three and it could take seven to eight days to get the full effect of muscle weakness. The maximum benefit is in 2 weeks. After 2 weeks you won’t see further relaxation.
Fine lines and wrinkles continue to improve as the muscles are relaxed and not moving over a two to six months, and they continue to improve the longer you do Botox. That’s why it is important to maintain your Botox injection schedule to start reversing these fine lines and wrinkles. Over 3 to 4 cycles of regular injection you will see a significant difference even in the most stubborn and deep wrinkles.
The way our body and cells metabolize and attach to the Botox molecule is different. This is why there are a huge spectrum and dose difference among individuals. It is important to stick with a provider whom you can trust for consistency. looking at previous record dose and placement is of utmost importance to adjust and modify each injection till you reach a perfect balance and the goal you are trying to achieve with Botox injections.
How much does Botox cost?
You should expect to pay between $10 and $15 per unit for Botox West Palm Beach Gardens Florida. The number of units you’ll need will depend on how deep your wrinkles are and the size of the area treated.
Botox pricing can be confusing. While some people charge by area, others charge by unit.
More important than the price itself is the trust and the results you get.
Cheap can become expensive quickly when you try to compromise.
You should strike a balance between finding an experienced Dr injector that offers Botox at a fair price.