Lip fillers are usually made of Hyaluronic acid. HA is a natural substance that we typically have in our skin. An injector uses HA filler to augment the shape and size of the lips.
There are many brands in the USA that are good options for lip filler and are FDA approved. Some of these are Versa, Restylane, and Juvederm.
Many different techniques can be used to augment the lips.
The Russian technique in West Palm Beach Gardens, Florida, is one way to achieve lip augmentation.
Russian lips are derived from filling the lips to resemble a Russian doll’s lips at the end of the procedure.
Here are fundamental differences between standard injection technique and Russian lips :
- Regular injection is side to side or horizontal while Russian technique is vertical
- Russian technique involves injecting smaller aliquots in one place relative to the normal one. This results in more accuracy of placement.
- There are more entry points in the Russian technique. This might result in more swelling, bruising, and discomfort. The result will be worth it, though.
- Regular technique focuses on adding more volume to the lips. Russian method focuses on adding more height to the lips and concentrate on the upper mid lips.
- Regular technique keeps the ratio of lower and upper lip the same. Russian process involves making the upper lip almost as big as the lower lip.
- Russian technique focuses on enhancing and augmenting the heart shape of the upper lip’s cupid bow. This will make cupid’s bow more pointy and projected.
- Russian technique is more involved and hence more time-consuming.
Each person is different. Make sure what you are asking for and discuss your plan in detail with your injector before proceeding.
Dr. Dahabra is an expert in Russian techniques at Beverly Hills Wellness Center & Med Spa in West Palm Beach, Florida.
Make sure to call us at (561) 318-5367 to book your appointment for Russian technique or any other beauty injections.