Botox is a Brand Name
Botox is a Brand Name
Botox is a brand name for a drug made from the toxin produced by the bacterium Clostridium botulinum. The same toxin causes a life-threatening type of food poisoning called botulism. However, it has several medical and cosmetic applications when appropriately used in small doses, exacly as we use at Beverly Hills Wellness Center & Med Spa.
Botox works by blocking nerve signals in the muscles where it’s injected. Botox injection stops the power from contracting, which can reduce the appearance of wrinkles and fine lines in cosmetic applications. It’s most often used on the forehead, around the eyes (for “crow’s feet”), and around the mouth (“frown lines”). The effects of Botox typically last about three to six months, after which the muscles gradually return to their normal function, and the wrinkles may reappear.
In addition to its cosmetic uses, Botox has several medical applications. These include:
- Chronic Migraine: In people who suffer from chronic migraines (defined as 15 or more headache days per month), Botox injections can help reduce the frequency of headaches.
- Hyperhidrosis (Excessive Sweating): Botox can treat severe sweating when topical medicines do not work well enough. It blocks the nerves responsible for activating your sweat glands.
- Blepharospasm (Uncontrollable Blinking): Botox can treat certain eye muscle conditions caused by nerve disorders. This includes uncontrolled blinking or spasm of the eyelids and a state in which the eyes do not point in the same direction.
- Overactive Bladder: Botox injections can also treat an overactive bladder when other medications are ineffective.
- Muscle Spasticity: Botox can reduce spasticity symptoms, such as muscle stiffness and tightness in specific muscles that can interfere with movement. This can be seen in conditions like cerebral palsy or after a stroke.
Botox is generally considered safe when administered by a qualified health professional, but as with any medical treatment, it can have side effects. These may include pain at the injection site, flu-like symptoms, headache, and in rare cases, eyelid drooping.
Visit us to know more, or click on the above link to book an appointment online to the best botox center in Beverly Hills West Palm Beach, Florida Fl.